Friday, April 22, 2005

Best Dream Ever!

No doubt inspired by watching the Red Sox beat the Orioles last night and reflecting on the pleasure of last October, I dreamed that I was a member of the '86 Sox, and we were in the 6th game of the World Series. I think I had taken Roger Clemens' spot on the team, because he wasn't there.

And Dave Stapleton was brought in to replace Buckner in the late innings, and he caught the famous ground ball from Mookie, and we all ran on the field to celebrate winning the Series. It was great. The media thought I was a big hero, but I was looking for Oil Can Boyd and Bruce Hurst to take pictures with them while I was holding the trophy.

Best part of it is that unlike any day prior to last Oct. 28, I didn't have a twinge of regret upon waking up and realizing that they still hadn't won it in my lifetime.

2 Comments:

Blogger d said...

You know what? I think that is the best dream ever. Or rather it would have been if I had come in to relieve instead of Bob Stanley.

12:35 PM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

Does this dream include sucker punching Calvin Schiraldi

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home