Monday, March 28, 2005

Coffee Diaries, Part 2

I knew it was going to be a tough day when the Pentagon budget request was going to be released. Covering the budget briefings has always been a pain, and I thought a little coffee might help me along.

I thought about pouring that cup of coffee the whole time during the briefing...the smell of the roasted beans, the warmth of the mug in my hands, the bitter taste on my tongue...

I fixed a cup as soon as I got back to the office to start writing. I'm kind of hungry but I want to finish the article before getting a sandwich, so I have another cup. Before I know it, I've got a great piece together. What should have felt like a terrible grind went pretty smoothly. And who do I have to thank? Coffee!

1 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

This is how it starts. Soon you will be in flop house in a seedy part of town, spending your last dollar to get a hold of used Starbucks coffee grounds. Why? It's because you need a hit so you can ride the caffine dragon.

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home