Sunday, March 27, 2005

The Coffee Diaries

I recently started drinking coffee again.

I tried it first a few times in high school, and then again in college, when I'd need some kind of stimulant to help me stay up until 4a.m. working on papers. My use began increasing in my senior year, as I'd spend the day at my internship, and then come back to campus for class from 5:30pm til 10:40pm. I'd need something to kickstart myself in the morning. Then another cup or two -- sometimes fortified with a packet of cocoa -- to keep going in the afternoon. And another cup when I'd get to campus for class. By the time the second night class started at 8:10p.m., I was so jittery that I'd need some milk to steady myself before beginning my homework.

I knew that this was a problem, and I kicked it after college. Sure, I dabbled now and then socially with a cup, but wasn't making a habit of it until recently, when I fell of the wagon hard.

4 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

I have never gotten into drinking coffee. Oh sure I will try coffee ice cream or some tiramisu, but never drank coffee. It never appealed to me. Also, I think I got too scared after watching that ABC After School Special, when I was a kid. I think it was called ‘The Boy Who Drank Coffee’. It was the one with Scott Baio, Christy McNichol, McLean Stevenson and the cast of ‘Sigmund and the Sea Monsters’. It certainly did scare me. Even to this day, I get a little uneasy whenever I hear the name of Juan Valdez.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:42 AM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

boski:
by the time i get done with this tale, you will be glad you saw that afterschool special. i sure wish i did.

3:17 PM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home