Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sitting on your hands is nice...

...but a much better State of the Union protest would have been if all the Democrats got up and walked out when Bush started talking.

Would it be a huge violation of Washington protocol? Sure.

But it would have made a much bigger statement regarding the war in Iraq, and the general approach that the administration has taken over the past four years or so.

What could Bush do in retaliation? Spend hundreds of billions fighting a war they don't agree with? Deploy a missile defense systems they don't support? Nominate conservative justices to the Supreme Court?

At the same time, the commentators tonight mentioned the previously reported rumours of the Democratic party looking for a primary challenger for Joe Lieberman due to his support for the war. Here's a tip, jackasses, you need every one of those congressional seats you can get. How about you don't waste the time, effort, and dollars needed to take back the seats you don't currently have in an effort to knock off a member of your own side?

6 Comments:

Blogger Eric XXL said...

Preach it, brother!

6:46 AM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

On a related note, Natasha Lyonne, the ugly friend from "American Pie," has had all sorts of run-ins with the law and is facing criminal charges for threatening to sexually molest her neighbors dog.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

Funny you bring up the missile defense. (Give my best to Rikki)Funny man Vlad Putin was going on how Russian missles were too bitchin for missle defense systems That Russian missle have so much game that they can't be checked. I have serious doubts about that. Hey guys, great job with the sub rescure. The only area the Russians are on the cutting edge is repressive democracy. Now if it was China saying it. Then I would be more worried. Since they probably stole the technology from us.

I tried to watch the SOU. I got through 45 minutes at the gym, then I had to go. If I had stayed, I would have just thrown my walkman. I do agree with you about the walkout. Would love to see the Dems to stand up and say enough.

I have to stop this comment at this point or I am going on a very long winded profanity laced tirade. Also since our King . . . er President may be on the internets listening. I must profess my undying love for the junta and go back to worry about American Idol.

BMMan - The most damming of the charges against her was that she was not going to allow the dog to order the lobster. And I am sure as hell she was not going to call the dog back then next day either.

I think Natasha is angling for a reality show, on Animal Planet.

9:13 AM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

My whole thing is, "Go ahead and try to molest my dog."

Best case scenario: Dog bites her.

Worst case scenario: Dog gets sexually satisfied by borderline celebrity.

Either way, I win.

9:38 AM  
Blogger d said...

BM-Man's having a nice little party with himself here... I hate to interrupt.

I thought clapping for themselves fucking his social security plan (i.e. the one piece of Bush legislation they've managed to stop in 6 years) was pretty good. But yeah, would have been better if Kennedy dropped his pants and pointed his wrinkled ass right at W.

9:48 AM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

If you bastards had read BMman's email like I have you would know that you haven't heard the best part yet....

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home