Saturday, January 14, 2006

Fun with Sports and Bars

While I love football, bar food, and of course, beer, I sometimes crack up at the way bars try to market themselves around sporting events. I'm on the email list for one local place (I've blocked out the name) because they have great food and it gives more coupons for free stuff sometimes. I got this email from them the other day. After you read it, check out the response I was considering sending them.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yep. Once Again We Predict a Skins Victory!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Jeremy

Look at it this way. When they win, where do you want to be?
Home alone or at XXXX with a crowd of Skins fans, a ton
of TV's and all the great food you love to eat (not to mention
plenty of cold beverages) So don't be left out - get in here
tomorrow and watch the game at your friendly neighborhood
XXXX. Oh and enjoy the Skins victory. We will for
sure.

Get your butt in here Saturday and be sure to come early!!!

Okay if you can't make it, don't forget to stock up on Wings,
Chili and Nachos to go. We have the best Wings in town you
know that and your friends will say, "Outta sight man!"

XXXX - General Manager


-------


Dear XXXX:

What's up dawg? I am just as psyched as you are
for the Skin's game tomorrow! I know that they are
going to beat Seattle! Those Starbucks drinking
punks won't know what hit them! The only good thing
that ever came out of that place is grunge music,
and that trend has been dead since like 1996. Am I
right or am I right? Anyway, you KNOW I wouldn't be
watching the game alone, and I always love to watch
it with a bunch of other Skins fans on all those TVs
at your place -- not to mention all the cold
beverages and the wings -- but I've got a nap
scheduled that conflicts with the Skins/Seattle
game.

Maybe next time.
BubbaRay

5 Comments:

Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

You should also mention that you're a vegetarian, so what's up with not having Buffalo wing flavored fried tofu available to enjoy with all thos cold beverages you'll be drinking!

11:05 AM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

Well said sir, well said.

9:53 AM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

Thank you Boski93. By the way, I saw on your profile that you like indoor lax...playing, watching, or both?

I play, I'm not very good at it, and I don't care one bit because it's fun to just be playing again.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

Since I am from the West Coast, it is watching. It is a sport I would have loved to picked up when I was younger.

We had a team out here for two years. I went to almost every one of the games. But the team was in the red, so they moved. That actually makes me feel a little bad, in that I never paid for one ticket in those two years (all comps). So if you throw out the name Gary Gait. I know who you are talking about.

P.S. I know that what I am about to say will drop me a couple of rungs, but I was sadden by City's drubbing of Man U. I am sorry I am a Reds fan and not because it's cool, but I can't go against the team that has had so many great Irish (North and South) players play for them.

Okay I am now ready for your scorn.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I'd be kind of a dick if I mocked you for liking them for THAT reason, though I have to say, most teams in what is now the EPL have probably had a large number of Irish players play for them.

Rooting for Man U is kind of like when people from England root for the Yankees. Most probably do it because it's the biggest and best team.

That said, United are a bunch of wankers. You'll have better standing if you can actually discuss Man U and its players. But if you can't name any of them (other than Wayne Rooney or Roy Keane), then let the scorn begin!

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home