Sunday, December 11, 2005

Awesome, But Weird Dream

I was a new utility player for the Sox, and got into the game as a pinch hitter (made an out, so at least the dream was semi-realistic; another dose of realism was that I had a few articles of dirty laundry scattered around the dugout). We were leading in the top of the 9th by a run or two, and the other team (I think the Orioles) got some men on base. Then their next hitter hit a ground ball, and James Brown, who I guess also made the Sox, came bolting out of the dugout and grabbed the ball. The umpire flipped out and DQ'd us, ruling that the game was over and the O's won. Still, it was way, way better than the typical dreams I've been having lately; I'm back at school and haven't studied and its finals time or I'm in a play that I haven't rehearsed for, or people are chasing me, etc.

The dream is somewhat easy to deconstruct: I just watched Fever Pitch with my wife and declared it to be the best movie ever; I was looking at DanTobinDanTobin.com before going to sleep and marveling at the side by side pictures of him and James Brown; James Brown probably can't be trusted to do anything other than sing and act like a "Sex Machine;" I need to do some laundry.

2 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Here is what even weirder. I picked you up on in my REM Sleep AL-Only Roto Leauge. Can you tell me how the rest of the season goes? I got a trade offer from someone.

2:17 PM  
Blogger d said...

James Brown would only play baseball if he was allowed to replace his hat with a cape. Or maybe he'd be interested in being the GM of Funk.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home