Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The NY Times Says "F--- A-Rod"

Well, not exactly. Is me saying "F--- A-Rod" after reading the NY Times close enough?

Here's the thing: A-Rod wins the MVP because, in his words, he was a great infielder and he had better offensive stats too.

Well, according to A-Rod's current hometown paper, the NY Times, David "I Love it When You Call Me Big Papi" Ortiz was way, way, more valuable. By, like, a factor of 3.

Ok, again, I'm reading between the lines, but here's a quote from the Old Gray Lady:

"The statistic known as "in late and close situations" is defined as at-bats in the seventh inning and beyond when the player's team is ahead by one run or is tied, or the potential tying run is at least on deck. In those situations, Ortiz hit .346 with 11 homers and 33 R.B.I.; Rodriguez was at .293 with 4 homers and 12 R.B.I. Ortiz also batted .352 with runners in scoring position, 62 points higher than Rodriguez."

Not to take anything away from A-Rod....Frankly, I may be in the minority here, but I believe that had the Sox worked out the Manny for A-Rod deal and then dealt Nomar for an similarly skilled outfielder, they would have still won the World Series and may not have needed to wait for the post-Nomar trade jolt to make their big run during the regular season. But I digress.

F--- A-Rod. F--- that karate-chopping, no good, cheating, bastahd.

7 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

I agree F-A-rod! Look if you are talk about defense, how many runs did Ortiz save by not playing D.

Look if you need some baseball writers roughed up I will do it.

F them, along with SI and ESPN the mag. You short change me my White Sox World Series coverage and I will play polo with your heads!

10:14 AM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

"Look if you need some baseball writers roughed up I will do it."

I would never (wink wink) suggest such a thing boski.

6:06 PM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

"Big Dave Ortiz cost the Sox about 35 runs when he decided not to murder Kevin Millar in July so that Tito would be forced to play Olerud at 1b every day."

Awesome. Did you read my posts on the Herald Forum as "kevinmillarfan" when I put the links up here over the summer?

6:08 PM  
Blogger d said...

Kevin Millar beat the Orioles himself and then ate some Kentucky Fried Chicken, if I remember correctly.

A-Rod in interviews actually talked about "facing off against David Ortiz" in the MVP race. Uh, maybe you were in an MVP race, but I'm pretty sure Ortiz was in a division race. Another reason to F the guy.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

Done and done. Let's see the beatings will start immediately. Let me check my list. First up is...Every writer at the NY Post and Times.

Okay tire iron check. Sweat sock with cue ball, check. Pillow case full of door knobs check.

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yoah all a bunch of soah friggin losahs! Oahtiz was the Most Valuable HITTAH, and A-Rawd was the MOST Valuable PLAYAH. None of you have a friggin clue.

Oh yeah, and one moah thing....

OAHTIZ IS A QUEEAH! JUST LIKE NOMAH!

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A-Rod deserved the MVP award, hands down. I don't care if he was green. Or lime green. Or olive green...

8:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home