Saturday, May 14, 2005

24 Comes to Newton

After watching "24" the other night, it stuck me that they often refer to CTU as "CTU Los Angeles," which to me infers that there is more than one CTU out there.

Given that the show is pretty popular, I was thinking they could have a spinoff with "CTU: Newton, Mass."

Here is is a sample of what could happen. MaybeMr. Tobincould pass it on to some of his buddies in Hollyweird and get me a big money contract.

Settin: CTU Newton headquarters, located right next to the Star Market in Newtonville.

Tom O'Doulihan, CTU Newton Director: People, we've go a situation heah. Ouah intel chattah indicates that Al-Qaida is planning to kidnap the Mayuh of Newton while he attends a Newton Youth Soccah game. Luckily, Jack Bauah from CTU Los Angeles is in the area, so he'll be helping out as we try to stop the hit on the mayuh.

A secretary: Sir, we have Jack Bauah on the phone, I'll put him on speakah.

Jack: I'm two blocks away from Bill's Pizza. Are the tactical teams in place?

O'Doulihan: Jack, theah about two minutes away.

Jack: Dammit Tom, we're running out of time! I'm going to have to pick up our lunch myself!

O'Doulihan: Jack, theah's no way youah going to be able to carry all the soda's youahself!


ANNNNND, SCENE!


Ok, cut to Cold Springs Park, where the Mayor is watching a Newton Youth Soccer game.


Jack: I don't see any terrorists here. Somethings not right. (call's CTU Newton HQ)

Guys, check the intel chatter again. I think the soccer game may have been a diversion.


O'Doulihan: Oh my god Jack, youah right! The real tahget is....the Chesnut Hill Mall!


END

2 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Sweet.

8:04 AM  
Blogger d said...

What a coincidence -- right after I read your post, I sold a pilot to Fox for "CTU: Brookline Village" starring a character named Tim O'Hanidoul. And in a geographical twist, the climax takes place at the Arsenal Mall, which turns out to be an actual arsenal.

How weird that I would pitch that without having stolen your idea or anything.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home