Friday, August 26, 2005

Emergency Adds to the List!

I realized today that the list of things that people can stop doing is woefully incomplete without:

Get your ____ on.

Like, so and so is "getting his party on!" or "fine art on!" or "bubbaraygracie's boot to the groin on!"

So the list must be amended as follows:

1) Saying "It's all good." Especially to gloss over a situation that is not good at all.

2) Checking your Blackberry constantly wherever you are.

3) Listening to Jason Mraz. Or worse, dating him.

4) Saying "Getting your ____ on."

5) Riding Vespas

6) Wearing anything with Von Dutch on it -- or frankly, anything that you know darn well that you shouldn't. Like hats that say "John Deere" if you never rode on a mowner.

7) Calling Target "Tar-jay." I'm glad that Meaghan pointed this out, because it's really fucking stupid. Don't do it.

8) Feeling like you should be seen talking on your cell phone. At one time (like, in the last century) this may have made you look cool. Now every cabbie I ride with spends the whole time chatting away on one, and most janitorial workers have them too. It doesn't make you look cool to be the guy pacing back and forth outside a bar talking on one, or showing up at the club talking on one. That doesn't mean you shouldn't use them, just know that it's going to take more to make you look cool these days. Like playing with your Blackberry or wearing a Von Dutch hat.

3 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Preach!

5:30 PM  
Blogger Eric XXL said...

Ahem... I suggest the overuse of the phrase "It is what it is" - I mean, what a copout.

I should also note that after the first edition of this list I had a dream where a women told me "OK, That's too much information" and the first thing I thought in the dream was "This should be on BubbaRayGracie's list of dumbshit". When I woke I the first thing I thought was "I'm spending too much time reading blogs".

1:15 PM  
Blogger jesse said...

Too much information (referred to as TMI by deeply entrenched hosers) is in a category of comments that really get my goat. Also included are "Random!" and "What are you on?" whenever you do or say something out of the ordinary.

I also hate when you're holding cash or flowers and people say, "Oh is that for me?"

5:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home