Thursday, July 28, 2005

No Free Lunch?

My mom used to tell me that there was no such thing as free lunch. It only took me about 25 years, but I've started seeing what she means recently....I eat a fair amount of expensive lunches on other people's tabs (mostly defense contractors who are then probably charging the bill back to DOD, which then of course gets past back to me and all the other taxpayers) but I was just in a really good mood thinking it was hard to complain about a day where you get a nice white wine with lunch.

Then I thought of the craziness of billion dollar programs whose cost goes up by six times and started feeling guilty and annoyed about that wine and the lunch. And the dinners. Just when I thought I couldn't complain about something....

4 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Hey, if I am going to be billked for a $900 hammer, I at least want to know that some of that may be going to a good cause. Bubba Ray you have earned it. Damn it, isn't time you did something for you?

10:08 PM  
Blogger Eric XXL said...

Wait a minute, you have a job where they comp your meals and let you drink during the workday and you're asking us for money? Dude, I wan't my $27,000 back (or just don't cash the check, either or)

10:09 AM  
Blogger Meaghan said...

Figure 250 million more glasses of nice white wine and they'll be one less stealth bomber in the world. Keep drinking.

2:02 PM  
Blogger d said...

White wine, huh? I hope you didn't put out on the first date.

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home