Monday, March 21, 2005

Dan Tobin and Most Metal Moments

I think that my Most Metal Moment was when L.A. Guns were popular and "Ballad of Jayne" was in heavy rotation on MTV, and the singer answered my fan letter with a phone call. Or ten years later when they were selling in the single digit thousands rather than millions, and the singer pulled a rock star attitude to me after their show at the Hard Rock Cafe in D.C....after I reminded him of answering my letter, he grabbed a nearby reporter and crowed about what a great guy he was to do such a thing.

Or maybe it was when I played guitar in the high school band and I bought extra guitar picks so I could throw them into the crowd at the end of songs like metal guys.

I was thrilled to finally be mentioned on Dan Tobin's blog, but have to quibble with his "Most Metal Moment." My choice for "Most Metal Tobin Moment" was in 1991 when Tobin told me that Extreme's triple album "Three Sides to Every Story" was the new Sgt. Pepper.

5 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Mmmmmm Sargent Pepper.

9:31 AM  
Blogger d said...

I wish I could deny that story, just like you wish you deny the story about how when you got the Poison tickets, you got a free Michelob hat -- or as you pronounced it, a free MEE-shell-oh hat.

Are we feuding now? If so, can I be Kool Moe Dee?

1:53 PM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

No, I was just trying to appeal to the Tobin-aholics who might have checked in here after you mentioned me on your blog.

I'm perfectly aware that a feud with me and you would be like Jay-Z and Nas in that I'd have Nas' relative popularity and Jay-Z's comparative lyrical skill. In other words, I'd be coming up short. Plus I think I have a much smaller on-line posse and figure that even boski93 would side with you in the ensuing rumble.

3:14 PM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

Will this fued be more like The Game and 50, or West Side Story? Because I screwed either way. I don't have gat, and California State Law prohibts me from being in musicals.

I cannot pick a side on this. It would be like choosing a parent in a custody battle.

8:26 AM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

I'd side with you BubbaRay. As one who went to see Extreme in concert (opening for metal titans Cinderella and David Lee Roth), I'd have to say our shared Most Metal moment was when D. Gil (a nickname, not too hard to decipher) told us that Metallica's version of Nothing Else Matters sounded much better in the studio, to which we responded by ditching him in favor of the hot brazilian girl who drove to the concert with us (in D. Gil's car).

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home