Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Great Works in Literature

"Rat Bastards," by John "Red" Shea, gets my vote for best literary work in the whole "Southie Gangster Genre," which is what I'd major in if I ever go back to school.

Here's a sample, with our author talking about a conversation in a local bar.

""I pause to tell some asshole to fuck off, some guy who wants to fuckin' commiserate about the poor MacDonald family. There's too much of that shit in Southie, drunks crying about this or that. Giving their own life meaning by sorrowing over something you couldn't do nothing about anyhow, especially now. 'Get the fuck out of here. I'll make you you fuckin weep," I say to this guy who says he used to watch me fight when Frank the Tank was in my corner. Frank this and Frank that. 'Do me a favor,' i say to this guy, 'go suck your own dick.'"

1 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

This blog is one of the great works of Literature and of Awesome.

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home