Thursday, May 11, 2006

All the Celebrities I've Met, Part 2

I met Jerry Glanville at a dive bar named Whitey's around the corner from my old apartment in Arlington, Va. He was in town to call a Redskins/49ers game, I believe. Anyway, at the time (98 or 99) I was unfamiliar with him other than being aware that he had been Bill Goldberg's coach when he was with the Falcons (my friend Crotch who is a big sports fan recognized him immediately).

I asked him what he had thought of Goldberg as a footballer, and he said that he didn't know, because Goldberg always seemed to be hurt. He also did this weird thing where he sort of backhanded me in the chest a few times...less like Ric Flair chopping and more like you'd pat someone on the back. Later on, after a few more beers I was having trouble working the newly installed electric eye thing on the bathroom sink, and Glanville came over and helped me out, and then backhanded me again.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully that was AFTER he peed. Tell the Warner Wolf story next!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

When he got the sink to get it to work, did he say, "and that is why you can't roller skate into heaven".

I wonder if he now leaves ticket at University of Hawaii for you BRG, since Elvis never showed?

Bmman is that relly you?

3:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed it is. I've been off of blogging because I've been pretty behind in work, so I've stayed away.

How was Belfast?

10:23 AM  
Blogger Boski93 said...

BRG - Since I know how much you really enjoy Rick Sutcliffe, I just hope you have been able to hear the tape of the Red Barron all booozed up at a Padres game. If not take a listen, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MT0JTwBehA.).

Bmman - Belfast kicked ass! As for you, I don't think you have time for that work bs. I think you have bigger fish to fry. You need to free up you schedule to take over for Matsui.

1:00 PM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

boski:
i'll have to take a listen to that. it's existence may explain the sudden spike in Sutcliff-related search terms that has been bringing people here!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home