Saturday, March 11, 2006

I may be gay, and I liked Blues Brothers 2000

How come more people didn't like Blues Brothers 2000 after the first one is treated with such reverence? As far as sequels go, it wasn't the Godfather 2, but it wasn't Police Academy 6 either.

Sure, it didn't have John Belushi, and Dan Akroyd got a bit annoying at times, and some of the action scenes were dumb and the movie could have been trimmed from about 2 hours to 90 minutes (especially the car pileups and the zombie scene), and it did have a little kid sidekick, but he was pretty funny. As far as cute sidekicks go, he added some levity without veering into Jar Jar Binks territory.

Plus, there were some AWESOME jams in that movie, especially the final one that essentially rolled over the credits as well, which possessed me to put down my bowl of oatmeal and pick up my Danelectro to jam along. And it was cool as hell to see all the cameos by famous blues and soul guys.

I probably didn't have my wits about me (it was really early in the morning) when Akroyd and John Goodman walk past a pretty blonde with nice pouty lips sweeping the floor and my first thought was "she's cute!" and it turned out to be Jonny Lang. But that's Jonny Lang's fault for having such silky blonde hair and full, lusiciously painted lips that any chick would kill for. Those things must have been stung by like 20 bees at the same time. I didn't even realize it was him until he started wailing on a sweet Telecaster with twin humbuckers. However, he's at least a distant distant second to Jack Bauer on my "if I was going to switch teams list."

5 Comments:

Blogger Boski93 said...

Hey I laid down cash to see Ford Fairlane a couple of times, so I am not going to be casting stones.

10:23 PM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

That's awesome that you paid to see it more than once. I love you boski. While the others are leaving me hung out to dry and ignoring my cracks about Cinderella, you always come through.

10:45 PM  
Blogger d said...

Middle kid from Hansen. Definitely.

9:52 AM  
Blogger GoodTimesDad said...

Ha, Boski, I KNEW you were cool. I saw Ford Fairlane in the theater as well. We must've been two of the four who paid to see it (I went with a friend, as I assume you did too)!

BubbaRay: FINALLY, I'm off the hook for my comments during Revenge Of The Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise!

Oh, and another thing, you're gay now? I though you were just a metrosexual. Make up your mind!

6:39 AM  
Blogger MMA Media Advantage said...

"FINALLY, I'm off the hook for my comments during Revenge Of The Nerds II: Nerds in Paradise!"

That was one of the first things I thought of!

6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home